If you weren’t able to make it out to the one-night theatrical screening of What We Left Behind last month, don’t worry, the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine documentary is set to be released on home video later this summer.
What We Left Behind Blu-ray & DVD Release
Following a successful crowdfunding campaign and the Fathom Events one-night event in May, the film is now available for pre-order on Amazon and is set to be released on Blu-ray and DVD on August 6.
Directed by Ira Steven Behr and David Zappone, the film’s Blu-ray release will include a bevy of bonus features, including:
- An Intro From Ira
- A Brief History Of Deep Space Nine Featurette
- What We Left Out – Deleted Scenes
- Behind The Scenes At The Variety Photoshoot Featurette
- HD Remaster Discussion With The Filmmakers
- More From The Fans Featurette
- Theatrical Trailer
Exclusive Shout! Factory Release
Additionally, Shout! Factory will have a limited edition release of the Blu-ray that will include a second bonus disc, with additional features:
- A Round Table Look At The Making Of The Documentary, A 50-Minute Discussion With Co-Director And Deep Space Nine Showrunner Ira Steven Behr, Co-Director David Zappone, Producer Kai de Mello-Folsom, Producer/Editor Joseph Kornbrodt, And Producer/Editor Luke Snailham
- A Musical Reunion With Composers Dennis McCarthy And Kevin Kiner
The Shout! Factory version will be limited to 1,500 copies and will be exclusively available on their website for $29.99.