With the upcoming release of the Star Trek: The Compendium Blu-ray set, Paramount is offering a $5.00 rebate for customers who previously purchased either Star Trek (2009) or Star Trek Into Darkness.
To receive your rebate, you must purchase Star Trek: The Compendium between September 9, 2014 and October 31, 2014, visit StarTrekMovie.com/rebate, print the form, include the requested information and barcode numbers, and mail it to the listed address, prior to November 30, 2014.
Being released on September 9th, Star Trek: The Compendium is a 4-disc Blu-ray set that will compile Star Trek (2009) with all of the originally included bonus features and a special edition 2-disc version of Star Trek Into Darkness.
As we previously reported, the Into Darkness Special Edition will include the IMAX version of the film along with enhanced audio commentary, with director J.J. Abrams, VFX supervisor Roger Guyett, co-producer Tommy Harper, composer Michael Giacchino, editors Maryann Brandon and Mary Jo Markey, D.P. Dan Mindel and second unit D.P. Bruce McCleary, producer Bryan Burk and writer/producer Damon Lindelof. Plus, “Creating the Red Planet”, “Attack on Starfleet”, “The Klingon Home World”, “The Enemy of My Enemy”, “Ship to Ship”, “Brawl by the Bay”, and “Continuing the Mission”, the Target-exclusive featurettes, “The Voyage Begins… Again”, “Rebuilding the Enterprise”, “Vengeance Is Coming”, “Mr. Spock and Mr. Spock”, “Kirk and Spock”, and “Visual Affection”, trailers, and all 6 Best Buy/Cinema Now-exclusive featurettes, “Down with the Ship”, “National Ignition Facility: Home of the Core”, “Safety First”, “Unlocking the Cut”, “The Sound of Music and FX”, and “Aliens Encountered”.
From what I can tell, you won’t be able to double dip on the offer. If you had previously purchased both films, it doesn’t look like you’ll be able to get a $10 rebate.
The form notes that the offer is only available to those in the US.
From the rebate form:
1) Purchase one (1) Star Trek: The Compendium Blu-ray between September 9, 2014 and October 31, 2014.
2) Include an itemized store receipt identifying date of purchase and qualifying purchase of Star Trek: The
3) Fill in name, mailing address, phone and email address
4) Write in the UPC numbers (see SAMPLE) from a) Star Trek: The Compendium and b) Star Trek (2009) Blu-ray or Star Trek Into Darkness Blu-ray in the spaces provided below.
5) Mail this completed form and the qualifying receipt no later than November 30, 2014 to address below.
The PDF rebate form is available here.
Does this offer make you more inclined to purchase Star Trek: The Compendium, next month? Let us know in the comments below.
Hat tip to TrekCore.